View or download the latest updates on training packages from the Emergency Response Sub-committee.
Cyber Security Insider Risks and Threats Skills Set - February 2021
Two new units of competency and a skill set have been endorsed to address the skills and knowledge required to counter the threat of cyber security insider attacks:
- ICTCYS614 Analyse cyber security insider risks and threats and devise recommendations
- ICTCYS615 Detect and respond to cyber security insider risks and threats
- ICTSS00117 Cyber Security Insider Risks and Threats Skill Set
The training products aim to address a national skills shortage and increase the supply of insider threat professionals to advance Australia’s cybersecurity capability and intelligence.
Two skill sets to support 5G Cellular network – 9 December 2020
The following two skill sets have been endorsed to support the rollout of cellular wireless networks, including 5G and future network generations:
- ICTSS00115 XG Cellular Network Infrastructure Rollout Skill Set
- ICTSS00116 XG Cellular Network Implementation Skill Set
These complement the ICT skill sets endorsed in July 2020 and provide workers with the necessary skills for jobs in emerging technologies.
An interpretation guide has also been developed to support these skills sets. It provides guidance for delivery of the units of competency and specific skill and knowledge requirements to support the rollout out of the 5G network. The interpretation guide will be available shortly.
Statement on the Sport, Fitness and Recreation and Tourism, Travel and Hospitality training packages – 5 November 2020
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) Emergency Response Sub-Committee has released a statement to highlight existing flexibilities in delivery arrangements in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation and the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality training packages. The statement also includes general advice about mandatory workplace requirements in training packages, and where Registered Training Organisations should look for information regarding the details of these requirements.
Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has developed guidance to assist providers to deliver practical training and assessment in the workplace or under simulation. Videos have been developed to support providers in deciding how best to structure practical assessment. See the ASQA website for further information.
New skill sets for VET trainers and front-line workers – 2 October 2020
Two new skill sets have been endorsed to support VET trainers and front-line workers in customer service roles with changed skills needs arising as a result of COVID-19:
- TAESS00018 Deliver E-Learning Skill Set
- SIRSS00022 Manage disrespectful, aggressive or abusive customers skill set
The Training and Education (TAE) Training Package Implementation Guide has also been updated and is available on VETNet here.
Contextual guidance to support the Manage disrespectful, aggressive or abusive customers skill set has been developed for six industry sectors:
Mandatory Work Placement Principles – September 2020
Principles have been developed to guide solutions to address the immediate impact of the reduced availability of work placements due to COVID-19. See the principles here.
New skill sets for small business and displaced workers – 16 September 2020
Three new skill sets have been endorsed to support small businesses to adapt to operating in an online environment, and assist displaced workers secure employment in areas of labour market growth:
- ICTSS00108 Digital Skills for Small Business Skill Set
- ICTSS00109 Entry into Technology Skill Set
- FBPSS00051 Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operator Induction Skill Set
ICT Interpretation Guide – 16 September 2020
An ICT Interpretation Guide for Cyber Security and Cloud Computing has been developed to support the first five of the nine new ICT skill sets listed below.
The Guide provides useful information in relation to creating course content and assessment plans for the skill sets. Download the Guide here.
ICT Training Package Products - 21 July 2020
New skill sets have been developed for the ICT sector to meet priority workforce needs in a number of specialty areas:
- ICTSS00099 - Cloud Design and Configuration Skill Set
- ICTSS00100 - Cloud Implementation and Maintenance Skill Set
- ICTSS00101 - Cyber Incident Response Skill Set
- ICTSS00102 - Cyber Incident Threat Detection and Prevention Skill Set
- ICTSS00103 - Cyber Security Strategy and Governance Skill Set
- ICTSS00104 - Data Analysis Skill Set
- ICTSS00105 - Internet of Things Developer Skill Set
Other new skill sets include:
- ICTSS00106 - Introductory Tools and Applications Skill Set
- ICTSS00107 - Introductory Help Desk Skill Set
View the ICT Training Package version 6.0.
Cross Sector Infection Control Unit and Skill Set – 2 July 2020
New cross sector unit and skill set developed for infection control:
- BSBWHS332X Follow infection prevention and control policies and procedures in own work activities
- BSBSS00095 Cross sector infection control skill set
These complement the existing skill sets for Retail, Food Handling and Transport and Logistics developed in May.
Contextual advice has been developed for ten industry sectors, including 31 sub-sectors:
|Industry sector||Industry sub-sector|
|Hair and Beauty||
|Entertainment and Amusement||
|Education and Care||
|Cafe, Restaurant and Accommodation||
|Construction and Property Services||
|Mining, Drilling, Civil||
|Weddings, Funerals and Religious Services||
COVID-19 Critical Skills Point of Care Testing – 12 June 2020
Training and assessment resources have been developed for the below units:
- MSL974030 Process body fluid specimens using a point of care testing device (now available)
- HLTPAT003 Perform capillary blood collections (now available)
Access these resources through Australian Training Products.
Entry into Care Roles Skill Set - 15 May 2020
- RTO Fact Sheet
Infection Control Skill Sets - 12 May 2020
- Contextual advice
- Infection control learner delivery guide and RTO contextualisation
- Statement on the delivery of new infection control skill sets - 12 May 2020
- Statement on the implementation of new infection control skill sets - 5 June 2020
- RTO Fact Sheet
Statement regarding the delivery of first aid training - 15 April 2020
You can view all Communiques from the Emergency Response Sub-committee meetings here.